Faith Church's many ministries provide a variety of service opportunities, and many of them are listed below. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.
Not sure which opportunities are a good fit for you? Just fill out your serving profile, and a key leader will contact you if you appear to be a good fit for one of their areas.
- Activities Coordinator
- Team Leader
- Men's Ministry Rep.
- Women's Ministry Rep.
- Outreach Coordinator
- Missions Coordinator
Having strong Children’s Ministries is essential for a church that is striving to reach families with the truth of God’s Word. This requires an army of faithful servants. . If you are a member of our church, we would encourage you to consider making regular, faithful service in our Children’s Ministries a normal part of your weekly worship.
CLICK to learn more about Serving on Sundays and Wednesdays
Sun / Wed Serving Info
- Sundays at 8:00, 9:30, and 11:00 AM
- Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8:00 PM
- Class Leaders - Teach Bible lessons using the curriculum provided, provide direction to the classroom assistants, and build relationships with the students and parents.
- Class Assistants - Assist the leader with class responsibilities, help students participate actively in class activities, and build relationships with students and parents.
- Nursery Servants - Provide quality care for infants.
- Special Needs Aides - Help children with special needs participate in our classes. No experience necessary. Training provided.
- Children’s Check-In greeters – Distribute and collect security materials. Register families who are new to our ministry.
- Class leaders serve weekly for either the school-year or for the summer.
- Class assistants serve weekly on a quarterly rotation.
- Nursery servants serve every fourth week.
- Special needs aides serve weekly as needed.
- Children’s Check-In greeters serve weekly on a monthly rotation.
Start of Term
- Summer Sunday Ministries: Sunday, June 2
- Fall Sunday Ministries: Sunday, August 25
- Fall Wednesday Ministries: Wednesday, August 21
Frequently Asked Questions
Would others be serving with me?
- Each class will have at least two servants. Some classes may have as many as six.
- The number of servants in a classroom depends on a number of variables including class size, age of the students, and the activities planned for the class.
Would I need to come up with my own material?
- No. We provide curriculum for both Sunday and Wednesday teachers.
- On Wednesdays, experienced teachers have more freedom in crafting lesson plans.
What curriculum would we use?
- Our Sunday School classes use a solid Bible curriculum published by John MacArthur’s ministry called Generations of Grace.
- Wednesday classes use a curriculum that emphasizes the growth of godly character.
When would I need to be there?
- We ask all servants to arrive 20 minutes prior to the start of the ministry session.
- This allows sufficient time to prepare for the ministry session and welcome children.
How much out-of-class time would be involved?
- Class leaders will need to spend some out-of-class time prepping for each week’s lesson. We encourage leaders to use the class curriculum for their personal devotions. This minimizes the amount of prep required and also tends to improve the leader’s passion for the lesson.
- Class assistants may be asked by their class leaders to spend a limited amount of time prepping a craft, activity, or snack.
- Little to no out-of-class time is required of Children’s Check-In greeters, special needs aides, and nursery workers.
If I were to serve on Sunday, would I have to miss out on worship or an ABF?
- No. Our Sunday classes take place at 8:00, 9:30, and 11:00. Many who serve in our ministry worship at one hour, attend ABF at another hour, and serve at a third hour.
- For those who cannot attend three ministry sessions on Sunday, we offer a Wednesday evening ABF designed specifically for the adult discipleship needs of our Sunday morning Children’s Ministries servants.
What if I need to be absent?
- We understand that there may be weeks when conflicts or illnesses would prevent you from serving.
- In such cases, we would ask that you work with your coordinator to find a suitable substitute to take your place.
Contact: Scott Flora
- Kitchen Clean / Restock
- Snow Removal
- Mowing (tractor / push)
- General Maintenance
Contact: Brent Aucoin
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Foster Care
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Habitat for Humanity
- Red Cross Disaster Shelter
- Community Education (Faith Community Institute; teachers and class ideas welcome)
- Community Fitness (See Fun and Fitness)
- Community Seniors (see Caleb's Kin and Aqua Pals)
- Before/After School Care
- Infant Care
Youth Sports Outreach Leagues (contact Bob Leffew)
- Coaches/Assistant Coaches (t-ball, baseball, softball, soccer, basketball)
- Certified Umpires
- Concession Stand Volunteers
- Field Prep Volunteers
- Administration - maintain database for all leagues
- Community Cafe
- Community Skatepark
Contact: Edris Olson
- Office volunteer
- Conference help
- Attend Counseling Training
- Become a biblical counselor
- Lunch / Banquet Volunteer
- CDL Bus Driver
- Evening Event Baby Sitting
- Classroom Aide
- The Lafayette Living Nativity
- Ministry to Single Moms
- Sports Ministry
- Wellness Fair
- Mission Construction Team
- Mission Medical Team
- Transportation / Moving Help
Contact: Nikki Lambeth
- Provide daytime childcare during Bible study times
- Coordinate and assist with activities
- Coordinate a friendship group
Contact: Johnny Kjaer
Opportunities for members with a background check
- Sunday morning classes
- Wednesday night 4:Twelve (teach, help, games)
- Lifeline activities (assist with activities and build relationships)
Opportunities for anyone
- Host Lifeline activities at your house
- Serve Donuts on 3rd Sundays
- Arrange serving projects in the community