The Gospel is the good news that Jesus Christ has paid the penalty for men's sins, allowing us to have a relationship with God. Christ's death makes it possible to be made free from the bondage of sin, and to live in heaven with God for eternity. Faith in Christ is a requirement of salvation (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- God created mankind (Genesis 1:1)
- God Himself is holy (1 John 1:5)
- God requires holiness of mankind (Galatians 3:10)
- God gave mankind the opportunity to choose whether to obey God's laws. Adam, the first man, chose to disobey God's law, and that moment represents the fall of mankind (Romans 5:12).
- Everyone has sinned (Romans 3:23)
- The penalty for our sin is death--not just physical death, but spiritual death in the form of eternal separation from God (Romans 6:23)
- Our best efforts to live up to God's standard are not good enough (Isaiah 64:6). We cannot erase our own sin.
- Jesus Christ came to earth as God in human form (Colossians 2:9)
- Christ died for those who have sinned (I Peter 3:18, Romans 5:6-8)
- Christ rose from the dead and is alive today (Romans 6:8-11, I Corinthians 15:4)
- To be saved, one must believe on Jesus and declare Him Lord (Romans 10:9)