Theme: Planning to Grow
Our church’s theme for 2013 is Planning to Grow. We are asking the Lord to help us identify aspects of our personal and ministry lives that can and should be further strengthened in the coming days together. We plan to especially develop this theme in three exciting directions in the coming year:
- Continue to discuss, refine, and implement our discipleship process to cultivate personal growth and ministry effectiveness.
- Organize and launch our new cluster of ministries at Faith West with passion and excellence.
- Work together as a church family to develop our next Five Year Strategic Ministry Plan.
Whether you are new or have been part of our church family for a while, we look forward to a year of accomplishing goals, and serving the Lord together until He calls us home.
- Strengthen FCI by developing additional classes in biblical studies
- Consider developing a “Getting Connected” class as a follow up to Introduction to Faith
- Install electronic information kiosks to facilitate communication
- Perform a complete audit on all services provided to worship service attendees with a special focus on first time guests
- Design more FCI classes to serve / attract senior citizens
- Continue to improve the use of internet resources (podcasts, Facebook, social networking sites, and video) to reach members and the community
- Evaluate the effectiveness of our student ministries’ goal of getting to know every young person in the neighborhood east of I-65 and creating a “neighborhood parish” view of all student ministries
- Explore additional ways to serve our public schools
- Establish a futures committee to lead our church family in the development of our next 5-year strategic ministry plan
- Consider having trained personnel prepared to escort guests to ABFs and Children’s Sunday School classes
- Review/audit facility usage and consider future meeting space needs
- Review and develop leadership training programs
- Evaluate building and site signage to ensure effective communication
- Grow the number of counseling center staff to at least 24 counselors
- Evaluate our Food Pantry/ Clothing Closet ministry and implement suggested improvements
- Consider installing sidewalks along CR 550
- Expand our ministry to veterans and military personnel
- Develop an online list of Scripture verses that address specific problems
- Recruit another medical doctor to join our counseling training team
- Design and implement a continuing education program for our counseling training staff
- Explore the possibility of developing a Masters level program in worship