CLICK to learn more about Serving on Sun. & Wed.
Sundays at 8:00, 9:30, and 11:00 AM
Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8:00 PM
- Class Leaders - Teach Bible lessons using the curriculum provided, provide direction to the classroom assistants, and build relationships with the students and parents.
- Class Assistants - Assist the leader with class responsibilities, help students participate actively in class activities, and build relationships with students and parents.
- Nursery Servants - Provide quality care for infants.
- Special Needs Aides - Help children with special needs participate in our classes. No experience necessary. Training provided.
- Children’s Check-In Greeters - Register families that are new to our ministry.
- Shuttle Assistants - Assist with transporting kids to and from our east campus on Wednesday evenings. You would also assist with a class once you arrive at Faith East.
- Toy Clean-up/Laundry - Help in cleaning toys and laundry used in the church nursery.
- Class leaders serve weekly for either the school-year or for the summer.
- Class assistants serve weekly for either the school-year or for the summer.
- Nursery servants serve every fourth week.
- Special needs aides serve weekly as needed.
- Children’s Check-In Greeters serve weekly on a monthly rotation.
- Shuttle Assistants serve weekly on Wednesday evenings during the school-year.
- Toy Clean-up/Laundry volunteers serve as scheduled.
Start of Term
- Summer Sunday Ministries: Sunday, June 4
- Fall Sunday Ministries: Sunday, August 20
- Fall Wednesday Ministries: Wednesday, August 23
CLICK to read Frequently Asked Questions
Would others be serving with me?
Each class will have at least two servants. Some classes may have as many as six.
The number of servants in a classroom depends on a number of variables including class size, age of the students, and the activities planned for the class.
Would I need to come up with my own material?
No. We provide curriculum for both Sunday and Wednesday teachers.
On Wednesdays, experienced teachers have more freedom in crafting lesson plans.
What curriculum would we use?
Our Sunday School classes use a solid Bible curriculum published by John MacArthur’s ministry called Generations of Grace.
Wednesday classes use a curriculum that emphasizes the development of godly character.
When would I need to be there?
We ask all servants to arrive 20 minutes prior to the start of the ministry session.
This allows sufficient time to prepare for the ministry session and welcome children.
How much out-of-class time would be involved?
Class leaders will need to spend some out-of-class time prepping for each week’s lesson. We encourage leaders to use the class curriculum for their personal devotions. This minimizes the amount of prep required and also tends to improve the leader’s passion for the lesson.
Class assistants may be asked by their class leaders to spend a limited amount of time prepping a craft, activity, or snack.
Little to no out-of-class time is required of Children’s Check-In greeters, special needs aides, and nursery workers.
If I were to serve on Sunday, would I have to miss out on worship or an ABF?
No. Our Sunday classes take place at 8:00, 9:30, and 11:00. Many who serve in our ministry worship at one hour, attend ABF at another hour, and serve at a third hour.
Many who cannot attend three ministry sessions on Sunday choose to worship and serve while getting involved in small group Bible study or Faith Community Institute class.
What if I need to be absent?
We understand that there may be weeks when conflicts or illnesses would prevent you from serving.
In such cases, we would ask that you work with your coordinator to find a suitable substitute to take your place.