Biblical Counseling Training Conference
(Preconf., Tracks 1-3 & 5-6)
5526 State Road 26 East
(Track 4 only)
1920 Northwestern Ave,
The conference sign-in is Sunday, February 11, from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Those attendees taking Track 4 will register for and attend the conference at our church campus in West Lafayette, while those taking all other tracks will register and attend at our Faith East campus.
- Our opening session begins at 6:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Each day will begin at approximately 8 a.m. and will include a break for lunch.
- The sessions on Monday through Wednesday will conclude between 6:30 and 7:00 p.m, while the Thursday session will include a break for dinner and then conclude at 9:00 p.m.
- The conference ends before noon on Friday, February 16.
Please note: If you were to miss any sessions during the week, you will be able to purchase either CD’s or MP3’s of the missed sessions through our Resource Center.
All conference guests select one of the seven training tracks to attend all week. While we do not require attendees to select a particular track, we have two recommendations:
- First, we strongly encourage you to take the foundations track (Track 1 in English or Track S1 in Spanish) before taking the others. The foundation track provides the basic principles and subject matter of Christ-Centered Biblical Counseling.
- Second, each training track is designed to present topics on a range of issues in order to train a wellrounded counselor. Many have found it helpful to complete Tracks 1-3 in order. Track 4 changes each year, offering experienced counselors an opportunity to hear new speakers and lectures on some of the most current issues in biblical counseling.
- Track 5 (ACBC Exam Track) can be taken anytime a person has already attended the ACBC required training – track one – either from us or another certified training center.
- Track 6 is designed particularly to help women counsel other women.
Please note: the following Track Schedules are presented for your convenience, but the speakers and classes are subject to change.
Track 1 - Foundations (¡Ahora En Español! Track S1 - Los Fundamentos)
Track 1 lays the foundation of biblical counseling principles and practices. Because its focus is on the definition of biblical counseling, how to do biblical counseling, and the most common counseling subjects, such as marriage and family matters, we ask that this track be taken first. This track is required for ACBC certification.
- Key elements of biblical counseling
- What makes biblical counseling biblical
- Comparison of counseling philosophies
- Doctrine of spiritual growth
- Marriage roles and parenting
- Rules of communication
- Anger, fear, and worry
- Video case observation
Track 2 - Adding the Structure I (¡Ahora En Español! Track S2 - Construyendo sobre el Fundamento I)
Tracks 2 and 3 add the structure to the foundation built in Track 1. Both tracks cover a wide range of subjects and concerns. Tracks 2 and 3 build on Track 1 to further develop the all-important counseling framework.
- Eating disorders
- Chemical imbalances, genetics, and hormones
- Freedom from life-dominating sin
- Handling problem people within the church
- Superiority of Bible answers
- Building spiritual maturity in others
- Biblical priorities
- Video case observation
Track 3 - Adding the Structure II (¡Ahora En Español! Track S3 - Construyendo sobre el Fundamento II)
Track 3 continues to bring in additional training and topics relevant to the practicing biblical counselor, including the use of case studies.
- Idols of the heart
- Working with a physician
- Handling the past biblically
- Counseling teens
- How to live with a bitter person
- Video case observation
Track 4 - Advanced Track
This advanced track is designed for those who have taken Tracks 1-3. The array of session topics will vary from year to year according to the relevant counseling issues of the day and the specialties of the instructors.
Track 5 - ACBC Certification/Exam track
This track helps attendees work toward completion of the certification exams. We ask that all guests in this track complete Track 1 from us or from another ACBC-approved center. This week will be devoted to understanding the questions and to actually writing answers to exam questions. If you have a laptop, you are encouraged to bring it; however, those who would prefer to handwrite their test answers are welcome to do so. This track fills quickly; register early!
Our desire is to see more women deployed in counseling ministries worldwide. Therefore, this track builds on the foundation of Track 1 helping women be equipped to help other women. This track could be renamed the “Titus 2 Track” and will focus on some of the common struggles that women face, including dealing with childhood abuse, challenges with their identity, eating disorders, marital struggles, parenting difficulties, and spiritual growth. Our week together will help you apply Titus 2 through equipping in Christ-centered biblical counseling.