Dr. Mark Shaw
- Pastor of Vision of Hope - Faith Church
- Executive Director - Vision of Hope
- Instructor - Faith Bible Seminary
- Doctor of Ministry, Biblical Counseling – Birmingham Theological Seminary, 2008
- Master of Arts, Biblical Studies – Birmingham Theological Seminary, 2004
- Master of Science, Educational Psychology – The Florida State University, 1995
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology – University of South Alabama, 1992
- Certified Biblical Counselor, Level 2 - National Association of Nouthetic Counselors, 2002
- Certified Biblical Counselor – International Association of Biblical Counselors, 2011
- Licensed and Ordained Minister – The Christian & Missionary Alliance, 2010
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor – Alabama Association of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 1999
Mark Shaw has 24 years of counseling experience working in a variety of settings including faith-based residential programs, dealing with issues surrounding “addictions” of all types, and supervising staff positions. His experience in the biblical counseling field began in 2001. He has written 19 published works including The Heart of Addiction; Relapse: Biblical Prevention Strategies; Divine Intervention: Hope and Help for Families of Addicts; Addiction-Proof Parenting; and Hope and Help for Self-Injurers/Cutters. He also co-authored a chapter in Christ-Centered Biblical Counseling (2013).
Pastor Shaw leads the ministry, supervises staff and interns, and teaches and oversees the progress of each resident.