Nicolas A. Ellen is the Senior Pastor of Community of Faith Bible Church and an instructor at CBS. He has served in full-time ministry as a Christian Education Director, Associate Pastor, Assistant Pastor and Senior Pastor for the past 18 years in the Houston, Texas area.
Pastor Ellen has also developed a biblical counseling training center called Expository Counseling Center LLC. Pastor Ellen is a certified Biblical Counselor with the National Association of Nouthetic Counselors (now Association of Certified Biblical Counselors) and a senior member of the Biblical Framework Counseling Association. He and his wife Venessa have two children, Venezia and Lindsey.
In Christ Alone We Are Prepared For Good Works
Key Point: “We were never made or remade to live for ourselves. We were created for transcendence. The borders of our lives were always meant to be way bigger than the borders of our lives. When we live this way, by his grace, we not only become part of the most important work in the universe, but we are given back our humanity”. (A Quest For More by Paul Tripp pp.209-210)
I. We are God’s Workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works.
A. In Christ we have been delivered from __________ and made into a new spiritual
B. In Christ we have been created to do__________________________ that are beneficial
to others and Glorifying to God.
C. God prepared in advance a _________________________________________ that is
to be accomplished by us, who are in Christ.
II. This path of work, this sphere of moral action can be summarized into two basic roles which can also be seen as our responsibilities in Christ.
- In Christ, we are to function in the role and have the responsibility of being an
____________________- one who represents Christ to the world while presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ to unbelievers. (2 Corinthians 5:11-21, 1 Corinthians 3:5-9).
- In Christ, we are to function in the role and have the responsibility of being a _______________- one who spends his life helping other Christians grow to maturity in their character and faith in Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 4:11-16, Colossians 1:28-29)
- We can be ______________ and _________________ as single people, as married people, as family members, as American citizens, as foreigners, as co-workers; as people in authority, as people under authority or even as people equal in authority to others.
III. Our path of work, our sphere of moral action in Christ can be carried out through:
- __________________ with the intent of using that opportunity to function in our role
as ___________________ or _____________________.
- Speaking the _____________ in _________________ with the intent of using that opportunity to function in our role as _____________ or _____________________.
- _____________________________ with the intent of using that opportunity to function in our role as ________________ or ___________________.