Having a Different Response to Trials
5 principles to help us face trials well
I. ________________ that Taking a Right Stand One Day Does Not Mean You Won’t Face Significant Trial the Next
A. Should it be?
B. God accomplishing His purpose in us is often best done in the ________________ of trial
C. Why might it be in your best ________________ to face a trial like Daniel did in chapter one, and then turn around and face another one in chapter 2?
1. So that you can, in turn, ______________ someone else
2. To help you _________________ a way you need to grow
3. Because you have a better opportunity to ______________ His glory and grace
II. ______________________ on Your Response to the Trial, not the Trial Itself
A. What ____________ out in the text?
B. How could Daniel ______________ to this trial this way?
C. Don’t ____________ Hebrews 12:11
Hebrews 12:11 - All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.
III. Use Trials to ____________________ Your Prayer Life
A. Note why Daniel informed his ______________
B. This was time to ________
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding
- Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee
- Men ought always to pray and not to faint
- In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God
- Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you
- But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed
IV. Use Victory in Trials to Bring ____________ to God
A. Daniel could have used this situation to get about anything he wanted
B. What a beautiful __________________ in verse 28
Daniel 2:28 - However, there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and He has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will take place in the latter days. This was your dream and the visions in your mind while on your bed.