- Pastor of Vision of Hope - Faith Church
- Executive Director - Vision of Hope
- Doctor of Ministry, Biblical Counseling – Birmingham Theological Seminary, 2008
- Master of Arts, Biblical Studies – Birmingham Theological Seminary, 2004
- Master of Science, Educational Psychology – The Florida State University, 1995
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology – University of South Alabama, 1992
- Certified Biblical Counselor, Level 2 - National Association of Nouthetic Counselors, 2002
- Certified Biblical Counselor – International Association of Biblical Counselors, 2011
- Licensed and Ordained Minister – The Christian & Missionary Alliance, 2010
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor – Alabama Association of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 1999
Mark Shaw has 22 years of counseling experience working in a variety of settings including faith-based residential programs, dealing with issues surrounding “addictions” of all types, and supervising staff positions. His experience in the biblical counseling field began in 2001. He has written 14 published works including The Heart of Addiction; Relapse: Biblical Prevention Strategies; Divine Intervention: Hope and Help for Families of Addicts; Addiction-Proof Parenting; and Hope and Help for Self-Injurers/Cutters. He also co-authored a chapter in Christ-Centered Biblical Counseling (2013).
Pastor Shaw leads the ministry, supervises staff and interns, and teaches and oversees the progress of each resident.Contact Mark Shaw
- Social Worker - Vision of Hope
- B.S.W. - Social Work / Family Science, Anderson University, 1992
- Level 1 Certification, National Association of Nouthetic Counselors, 2009
Heather Starkweather has been on staff at Faith since 2006. She began her employment with Vision of Hope in December 2007. She has experience assisting several of the pastors at Faith in their administrative duties and providing office assistance with projects. She also has worked with a local school system meeting the needs of their students with learning disabilities and special needs and providing assistance in the computer lab.
Heather is involved in the intake process for each new resident. She also cares for the social services needs of each resident during their entire stay at Vision of Hope. She coordinates the education, health, and goal oversight for all residents. Heather supervises the residents on Mondays and Tuesdays. She is the lead counselor for 3-6 residents.Contact Heather Starkweather
- Household Manager - Vision of Hope
- AccounAccounAccounting and Programming, University of Arizona, 1981
- Banking, Economics, and Law, American Institute of Banking, 1985
- Level 1 Certification, National Association of Nouthetic Counselors, 2006
Janelle Meinema began her employment with Vision of Hope in December 2007. She has many years of experience working in the banking industry and accounting. She has been active in women's ministry at her church and has assisted with administrative duties at Faith Christian School. She has also had several years of experience assisting as a biblical counselor in Faith Biblical Counseling Ministries.
Janelle manages the Vision of Hope home by organizing the menus, schedules, chore responsibilities, and general upkeep of the home. Janelle supervises the residents on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Janelle is the lead counselor for 4-6 residents.Contact Janelle Meinema
- Secretary - Vision of Hope
- Cooperative Office Education, 1980
- Bill Miller School of Real Estate, 1989
Janice has been employed at Vision of Hope since December 2007. She has many years of experience working as an administrative assistant and office manager. She has worked in the real estate market since 1989.
Janice is responsible for running the office and supporting the staff.Contact Janice Myer
- 2nd Shift Supervisor - Vision of Hope
- B.A. - English and Spanish, Purdue University, 2009
Jennifer Faulkner has been on staff since July 2009, beginning her work as an Intern. Jennifer began working as a Secretary in May 2011. Jennifer was promoted to 2nd Shift Supervisor in Sept 2012.
Jennifer supervises the residents four evenings each week.Contact Jennifer Faulkner
- 2nd Shift Supervisor - Vision of Hope
- Intern Coordinator - Vision of Hope
- Bible Certificate, Word Of Life Bible Institute, 2003
- Nail Technician, Gina's Beauty School, 2004
- Level 1 Certification, National Association of Nouthetic Counselors, 2013
Jenn has been on staff as an Intern since 2010 and the Interim Intern Coordinator in Feb 2011. She joined the On Duty Staff team as one of the 2nd Shift Supervisors in Nov 2011. She has experience as a Resident Assistant and Discipleship Coordinator for Word of Life Bible Institute.
Jenn is responsible for recruiting, selecting, and overseeing the Interns that help run the Vision of Hope program. Additionally, she supervises the residents three evenings each week. Jenn is the lead counselor for 2-4 residents.Contact Jennifer Heikkinen
- Weekend Staff - Vision of Hope
- Administrative Assistant; Member Management and Room Reservation Specialist - Community Ministries East
- Certificate of Christian Ministry, INSTE Bible College, 2011
- Certificate of Reflexology, Monroe County Community College,1998
Nickey joined the staff at Faith in 2012 when she became a Vision of Hope intern and later joining the Vision of Hope as Weekend staff. Nickey continues to serve at VOH and assisting in Ministry at the Community Center. Nickey is passionate about serving and ministry and whatever way she can share the love of Christ with others.Contact Nicole Barnhizer