Pastoral Training Reinvented
Annual fees are assessed to MDiv students. Please see our updated catalog for up to date information.
Why A New Approach?
Faith Church was burdened about challenges that are often present in a traditional seminary model:
- The high cost of seminary training, resulting in some students graduating with significant debt.
- A lack of practical ministry experience.
- The significant pressures on any wives or children due to the heavy seminary and job workload.
A Unique Solution
- Students commute to FBS, or particpate through distance education via the internet, for MDiv level academic training from credentialed faculty, one to two days per week, year-round, for three years.
- A student known well by a local church is hired there as an intern. The student works in practical ministry at that church three to four days per week year-round for three years. Students enrolled in this internship program are charged a small yearly fee.
- That local church receives additional staff support and is actively involved in training men for ministry.
This model provides a real integration of academics and practical ministry, allowing the student to graduate with experience, no debt, and a spiritually and emotionally strong family.
Learn more about the unique church internships behind the M.Div. program, or find out if the M.Div. program is a good fit for you.